HGSO Statement of Solidarity
In light of recent events, we, the History Graduate Student Organization, feel the need to address the issues of harassment on campus. Harassment of any kind is unacceptable. The History Graduate Student Organization reaffirms our commitment to create an inclusive and safe campus for all students at the University of Kansas. As your fellow students we pledge to uphold this commitment. Moreover, as educators, we are dedicated to creating a classroom environment free from harassment.
For students who experienced harassment or who are in need of more information the following resources are available.
- Office of International Student Services | (785) 864-3617 | email@example.com
- Office of International Program | (785) 864-6161 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Accelerator Program | (785) 864-3889 | 1009 Dole HDC
- Residence Hall Staff
- Multicultural Resource Center | (785) 864-4350 | email@example.com
- Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies Department | (785) 864-2310 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- KU Public Safety | (785) 864-5900 | email@example.com
We value the voices of all our students and will continue to create an environment that promises constructive dialogue, respect, inclusiveness, and safety. In this divisive and turbulent political atmosphere, it is more important than ever that we work together to make KU a campus where students can learn free from discrimination. We, in the History Department, are committed to this goal.
The History Graduate Student Organization, University of Kansas