Below is a simple checklist to complete once you arrive at KU.
- Obtain a KU Student ID. Essential to check books out at the library.
- Transfer your driver's license.
- Transfer your car registration.
- For more on vehicle and driver's license registration see the Douglas County Office of the Treasurer.
- Set up an internet connection. Lawrence has several internet providers including ATT, WOW, and Lawrence Freenet.
- Set up trash and water. If you are renting a house or apartment that requires water and trash the City of Lawrence provides these services.
- Establish a gas connection at your home or apartment.
- Get cable. Three options are available for cable in Lawrence including Comcast xfinity, WOW, and Cox Cable.